Thursday 11 August 2011

Star Style Obsession - Fearne Cotton

My second style obsession here is simply because she is the queen of casual cool. Fearne is pretty much always snapped going to or from the radio 1 studios, so she can’t let the fact that she isn’t seen while on air stop her looking awesome. I also love the fact that she doesn’t just stick to staples, and she likes to mix up her outfits with quirky accessories... I basically just always love what she wears. As we hit the awkward time where the sun seems to be disappearing and autumn is starting to take over, Fearne’s wardrobe looks perfect – full of transitional pieces. Here are a few of my favourite off-duty looks from miss Cotton, and exactly why I wish I oozed super cool like she does..

 A bit of an oldie here.. but I love the embellishment on the shirt, echoed in her embellished gladiators, as well as the way the denim cut offs tone it down perfectly for daytime.

For starters, this maxi dress is gorgeous. It could so easily have been glammed up, but Fearne's take with Converse, a satchel, cardigan and casually messy hair suit the London streets perfectly. See what I mean about mixing it up?

More awesome accessories. That hat is the perfect nod to the 70s trend, without going all out, and the zebra pumps are just too cute! All-black separates are a fail-safe formula, but not to be underestimated as Fearne shows.

Now this is how cool I want to look this winter. Those skinny jeans are so eye-catching, yet not eye-watering when paired with neutral tones, and a cute printed shirt. Those sunnies are just adding to her thrown-together-yet-looking-amazing look, and this would be perfect for a chillier day.

But of course, she’s not just on the street all the time... 

Yes, it's another oldie.. but this dress was too stunning to miss out, and the slightly eclectic mix of those shoes and necklace fit Fearne's quirky style perfectly. 
Not many people could pull off a sunglasses-print dress, but thanks to her natural style and confidence, Fearne does it with ease. The black accessories let the dress do all the talking, as does the simple makeup.

How unexpected was this? Looking retro cute, showing off her new haircut with that vintage curled style and sticking to the tones of her fade-out dress (from her own collection at Very). This is my favourite 'dressed-up' Fearne look because it is so polished, so cute, and totally shows off her fashion versatility. Stunning.

See? This girl always looks amazingly, achingly cool, but not like she’s tried too hard. Now that, in my opinion, is style. I’ll be doing my best to dress like Fearne as we transition into autumn, starting off with trying out unexpected accessories, and not dressing the same every day. I mean usually she looks a bit rocky, but that fade-out vintage inspired dress was simply beautiful, and I love the way you never know what to expect from her. Now I’m hoping I can be just as surprising in my style choices! Love and kisses, Tara xox



No comments:

Post a Comment