Saturday 13 August 2011

Things I Need In My Wardrobe.. #2

Something else I have to get my paws on is STAR PRINTS.

Yes, I already bought some starry tights, but this season, stars are the new stripes and I need to make serious wardrobe space for them. Dolce & Gabbana especially showcased the stars trend on their AW '11 catwalks, making them hot property. Here are just a few of my favourite star-print items, why I love them, and if I think I can get them!


£32, Topshop
I love how unusual this top is, the animal and star print make it really bold! Perfect statement piece, and could be styled simply for the top to do all the talking, or clashed up for a really out there look.







£45, ASOS
Yet again, ASOS has amazing clothes on offer! This dress is totally cute, and comes in the petite section too, which is perfect for me. The belted shape and varying sizes of stars makes the dress relaxed enough for day, but with the right styling (I'm thinking glitter heels) this could go through to the night.






£25, ASOS
These quirky trousers are again from ASOS (I'm starting to think I spend too much money on there), and since printed trousers are hot right now, they again perfectly nail the trend Again, they come in petite, which is helpful for me, but I am not sure whether the shape suits everyone.






£60, Oasis
This dress may be a little bit pricier, but the stunning asymmetric shape with flatter-all draping and the dreamy swirled star print is totally worth it! It's a more toned down take on star print, which is ideal if you just want to dabble in the trend.







£25, River Island
This vest is totally gorgeous! The simple colours let the stars do all the talking, while the simple shape is cool and casual - this top would look good with jeans and heels, or tucked into a skirt or high waisted shorts.. basically wear it with anything and it'll look awesome.






£22.99, New Look
Ladylike styling is big this season, so the pussybow blouse is a hot item. Team it with star print, and you've got the perfect AW piece!








£22.99, missguided.co.uk
Or, if you aren't convinced by all over stars, try a hint of the print with this cute handbag from missguided.com - perfect to ease you into the trend.




Now, decisions, decisions.. do I play it safe and opt for smaller prints, or go all out with unusual items? My absolute favourites are the River Island vest, and the dress and trousers from ASOS. But of course, my budget won't stretch to all three.. You'll have to wait and see which one I buy over the next few weeks! Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment