Tuesday 16 August 2011

Things I Need In My Wardrobe.. #3

Something else I seriously need for AW '11 is.. KNEE HIGH BOOTS.

And this time, it's not just a want, it's an actual need - my pair are dying a slow, painful, leaky death. Lucky then that knee high boots are coming back around this season isn't it? Either suede and luxe for the 70s trend or riding boots for the whole English Heritage feel, they're a must have. And besides, the Duchess of Cambridge (aka Kate Middleton) seems to like them, having worn knee high boots consistently over the years, and what Kate wears, the public wear, as proven by that Issa dress. Anyway, now that even my mum would be convinced it is worth me investing in some, here are my favourites (that I can afford anyway!)..


£34.99, New Look
Hitting the 70s trend in suedette, as well as being affordable, these boots are pretty perfect for this season. They also come in black or mocha, and the heel means I could still add inches to my height. 




£39.99, H&M
These riding boots are gorgeous, and perfect for the heritage trend, full of country details. Since they're hardly bank-breaking, they're also not leather - making them ideal for me! The only thing I will say is that they are nearly flat, and I am tiny, but then that does make them more practical.






£29.99, H&M
Another more country-style boot for the heritage look, these mix suede and leather look for a really individual outcome. Possible too out there for me, but I can see how they could make an outfit a little bit special.







£55.00, Dorothy Perkins
Yet more riding boots.. can you see which way I'm leaning yet? These are quite similar to the H&M boots, but the buckle detail is very cute. Unfortunately, they're a bit pricey, and flat, for me!







£30.00, Select
These are a gorgeous, impractical colour, and a bit of a mix between 70s and riding boots - the suede effect and wedge heel look 70s, but the buckle is more heritage style. Another plus, wedge heels are easier to walk in!







£100, Topshop
Yes, they're expensive, yes they're leather, but what can I say.. I love Topshop. And these are gorgeous. So if anyone sees a pair like these, but non-leather, and not three figures - my name is on them.







£55, Next
Okay, still a little too expensive for me, but again, gorgeous! And close in appearance to the Topshop pair, whilst being half the price AND not leather.







So, I've got plenty of options now, and I'm facing yet another tricky decision about what to buy! If this was a perfect world, I'd get the suede ones from New Look, the wedges from Select, the first H&M riding boots, and the Next pair, and then be all set for winter with plenty of stunning boots to compliment my outfits. But I've got to decide which look I'm going for - and if I'm going to be practical about it! Love and kisses, Tara xox




No comments:

Post a Comment