Wednesday 21 September 2011

I like to think I dress eclectically when I'm in a hurry..

Wednesday is such a lovely little half day that sometimes I forget I actually need to go into college. Like today. I woke up as usual at 6.30am (ugh) and to my sleepy mind it felt like today was a day off.. leading to a doze for ten minutes, followed by a panicked scramble to get ready as I realised that actually, college was very much open and yes, I was expected to be there. I'm saying all of this just so you understand that although I have outfit ideas in my head, I am not the kind of over-organised girl who lays her clothes out the night before and then gets up on time and saunters out the house in plenty of time.. oh no. I'm more likely to have an idea, then run around like a headless chicken trying to find everything I want to wear after wasting ages in the shower. And then have no time to do my hair before legging it out of the door. Here's what today's mad scramble produced..

Dress & Ring - Topshop; Shirt & Bag - River Island; Shoes - New Look; Tights - Primark; Necklace - Accessorize.
Layering has a lot to be said for it in these awkward transitional days when indecisive weather means you either boil or freeze, whatever you wear. Up until recently I was convinced that it just made me look chunky though - but now I've realised what a well placed skinny belt can do to keep you in proportion. Genius. Oh, and in my opinion, denim shirts are so not over.. key fashion layers! Even double denim hasn't quite died yet.. as Kate Moss proved when she rocked the trend at Fashion Week.. If she's working it, it has to be a la mode. Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment