Thursday 6 October 2011

Coming home to a delivery makes my day!

I'll be honest, enthusiasm for college is dipping a bit now we've been back for nearly a month.. and the seriously dismal conditions aren't helping - I mean who would honestly want to wait for a bus in the cold (and rain) every morning at 7.45? So on days like today when I would much rather have been tucked up in bed all day, there are three things keeping me going. Lifesaving detail number one is getting to be creative with what I wear..

Blouse - Lefties, Skirt - Internacionale (at Volcanic); Ankle Boots - H&M; Tights - Primark; Ring - Dorothy Perkins; Necklace - Accessorize; Bracelet - ASOS.
Yes, if I couldn't wear what I wanted, college might just kill me! The creative part of my brain that is shockingly not satisfied with learning grammar & writing essays needs a little outlet, so fashion = sanity. The second thing that gets me up in the morning is knowing that every lesson, every verb, and every second of college is leading up to good grades, an awesome uni course, and finally becoming a fashion journalist. Yet again, fashion is saving my life.

I did say there were three things though, and I'll admit this is hardly a major factor in convincing me that yes, it is worthwhile knowing the subjunctive (have you noticed I'm a little bitter about grammar first thing every thursday?), but it really does brighten up the day. It's a little sad, and yet again fashion related.. deliveries! I love shopping online, and the excitement of getting a package in the post that's full of brand-new fashion gems is possibly one of the best feelings ever. It's like the rush you get when you buy something perfect in-store, only intensified by the anticipation of delivery time! And today my little parcel from ASOS was exactly what I needed to pick me up a little..

Some super cute faux fur accessories just landed in my wardrobe! I decided not to go for a full-on fur coat, but to just get some cool (or warm) accessories to snuggle up in stylishly this winter. Incredibly soft and cosy, the pom-pom collar is absolutely gorgeous. I put it on and literally said 'take me to Hollywood, I want to be in a silent movie'. There is just something so retro-fabulous about it that makes me feel like a screen star from the 40s, not a teenage blogger in 2011! I'm noticing a lady-like vibe in my wardrobe this season.. but hey, channelling 40s glamour is hot right now!

The cuffs were literally too cute. Not only will they keep my little wrists snugger than bugs in rugs, but they are perfect for messing around with texture! Okay, so the whole faux fur trend is about texture, but this way I can totally mix it up. The cuffs will go with pretty much any sleeved item, so prepare to see a lot of them, especially with my immense collection of knitwear.

Basically, today was saved by fashion. Only my ambitions & outfits dragged me out of bed this morning, and my little ASOS package stopped me giving up on today completely. Speaking of giving up on today, it is nearly 9pm, and I was meant to be writing an essay tonight.. Cue frantic typing. Love and kisses, Tara xox


1 comment:

  1. Once again, I love your outfit! And super-cute purchases :)

    ReplyDelete