Monday 17 October 2011

Kicking off the last week of this half term in style.

Finally, finally, I only have to make it through one more week of college (now only 4 days!) before it's half term. And you know what that means.. parties, shopping, (paid) work and most importantly of all, lie ins! Cannot wait. Even if I'll probably get a mountain of homework, because my classes show no sign of gearing down for the holidays, I'm looking forward to some time off. Being on the last week of half term is no excuse to slack on the fashion front though!

Blazer - Topshop; Top & Necklace - New Look; Skirt - Internacionale; Ankle Boots & Belt - H&M; Tights - Primark; Bag - River Island; Ring - Dorothy Perkins; Earrings - TU at Sainsbury's.
Clashing up two rather hot patterns here with the oh-so-now aztec top and leopard skirt - I was feeling a little brave and bold today! I wasn't convinced that it would work, but keeping the styling clean and simple really let the clash stand out. Tan boots and an obi belt are just cool and unusual enough that it isn't boring though, and a black blazer just pulls everything together. And just for once, note the plain tights - patterns would have been overkill, so I reined myself in.

Also, since I'm not working till Saturday I took the chance to try out another new nail polish colour..

This time I went for KIKO Nail Lacquer in 299 - yes, another metallic! But this one's a gorgeous, almost sparkling navy blue that really catches the light and looks super cool with basically anything. The sad thing is I bought this polish back in August, in Madrid, and this is the first time I've worn it. Boo. Worth the wait though, because it's stunning. But who knows when it'll come out again? Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment