Thursday 24 November 2011

A bit of daytime luxe.

After the simplicity of yesterday, I had to do something a bit more interesting today - keep all my friends/fashion critics on their toes etc. That and the fact that I just felt more bold, unusual and seasonal meant that today's outfit became a bit of a trend-driven mix of textures, layered up to give a bit of depth. So go on, here's what I looked like this fine Thursday..

Jumper, Skirt & Rings - H&M; Top (underneath) & Earrings - Topshop; Tights & Shoes - River Island, Fur Cuffs - ASOS.
Told you I went a bit more seasonal and trend driven.. Sequins! They are the hottest party time trend right now, but since I've got no festivities on the agenda (so far) I decided to dress my sparkles down a bit for daytime. And of course, the only way to do that is to add a light knit, peter pan collar, faux fur and polka dot tights. You'd be forgiven for thinking this sounds a bit OTT for a college look, however, because the jumper is a plain dove-grey, I haven't gone crazy for other colours, I stuck to flats and only let the faux fur loose as cuffs it is just dressed down enough. Although I'm thinking that with the addition of heels this could be the perfect day-to-night outfit.. just wishing I had had somewhere to go. Oh, and final little detail - the popping pink gloss takes the look to another, playful level.. This gloss was *free* with this month's COSMOPOLITAN, go snap it up! Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment