Friday 11 November 2011

The country girl in me emerges..

As you all know, since I complain about it constantly, I live in literally the middle of nowhere down in the West Country (that area where people assume is full of straw-chewing farmers and is just generally weird), but I take pride in being a bit fashion forward and basically not being a farmer. Although I live in an ex-farm cottage, next to two farms.. shhhhh. Anyway, usually my look is all about the modern trends and wouldn't look out of place in a big city, so today was a bit of a change..

Top & Blazer - H&M; Chinos & Shoes - New Look; Scarf - picked up in India; Necklace - Rock N Rose; Bracelet - Pull & Bear; Earrings & Ring - Topshop.
If I wasn't an anti-violence vegetarian set firmly against hunting anything for any reason, I feel like I could have fitted in with the local hunt in my casual tweed blazer.. As it is a little part of me wanted to get on my pony, cry 'toodle pip' and trot out of college like a posh horse rider on a hack through the countryside. So you see what I mean about the country girl in me coming out. But it's okay, it's cool, farm-girl chic and English heritage is a major trend this season - you literally can't move for quilted jackets, knee high riding boots, tweed and chunky knits. That and the fact that I styled my tweed up to avoid looking 'frumpy' by rolling up the sleeves, throwing on a patterned scarf (silk, Indian, gorgeous) and again adding a bit of glam with serious jewellery, made it sartorially stylish. Oh and I again decided to be brave with the hair, up-dos are not my comfort zone but I opted for an easy high bun which is just neat enough to fit with the look, yet casually messy enough for daytime in the country. I was surprisingly confident with my hair up (usually my long locks are practically a safety blanket to hide behind) and will definitely be working this 'do more often. Only downside = chilly neck. Next time I'll wear a bigger scarf... Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment