Friday 4 November 2011

Grey isn't boring, I swear!

Another college week is over (except large amounts of homework.. grrr), and I can't say I'm too upset about it. If I'm honest I would rather have stayed at home today.. pointless lessons + rain + late bus home = very grumpy Tara. The only redeeming feature of my day was getting dressed and ready, and truthfully I could have done that and then stayed inside with the heating on & a hot chocolate quite happily. But ah well, it was probably marginally productive to drag myself in. And if I hadn't I suppose I wouldn't get to share my lovely look with you all & ramble on..

Dress - ASOS; Tights - River Island; Boots & Belt - H&M; Arm Warmers - New Look; Bag - River Island; Earrings - TU at Sainsburys.
When I was putting this together I have to admit I wasn't really thinking about the colour scheme as such.. then I realised I had thrown on a lot of grey. But I don't think it looks dull thanks to the variety of tones from the light jumper dress to the dark arm warmers, and the fact there is a mix of textures keeps it interesting. My obsession with knitwear is getting clearer & clearer here.. The tan accessories also help rev up the look with a pop of a different tone, and the belt really cinches in my waist, making the dress incredibly flattering while still being a warm autumn knit. And of course my staple gorgeous bag adds another dimension of the cranberry pink ladylike variety - this bag is the one thing I wear every day, simply because it has all my college detritus in it! The fact that I absolutely adore it helps too.. Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment