Wednesday 9 November 2011

Midweek pick me up.

Today started off as a little bit harsh - out in the cold, timed essay to write, walking in the rain (broken umbrella - grrrrr).. but then it picked up! The reason for this was a quick little trip into town before going to the cinema with my dear mother. You know how much I love a good shop, so much that it is worth braving the elements to get there - and here's what I wore..

Blazer & Top - Topshop; Shorts - Reverse; Tights, Socks, Boots & Scarf - Primark; Ring - Rock N Rose; Earrings - were a present; Bracelet - bought in Camden market.
Never underestimate the power of a scarf. Not only is it a brilliant way to rev up a day look, but even the thinnest one can keep you insanely cosy, which is a necessity these days.. Also, layering up your socks and letting them poke out of your boots may have been all the rage last year, but its a cute little detail I will still be working this season - frostbite is never chic. To go with this quite busy outfit I decided to stick to my word and start working the ponytail, this time just a simple, mid-height pony scraped back with my fingers to keep it casual. And I've got to admit it does look quite cool, especially with my fringe keeping it softer..

The look isn't all I've got to show you, oh no.. I believe I mentioned shopping earlier?

Okay, so I didn't buy much, but remember I am a bit of a poor student - and it is the run up to Xmas so I am trying to save money to buy really special things for my lovely family! I simply couldn't resist the siren call of Topshop sale jewellery though.. these knockout earrings and stunning star necklace were only £6 all up, which is a complete bargain. The fact that they are still on-trend and perfect pieces to jazz up an outfit is what attracted me to start with, the price means I couldn't leave them on the shelf. Now let's talk about the socks.. I saw these in River Island and simply had to have them - you know I love long socks, well socks in general, and the amazing Navajo print on these little beauties makes them more than your average legwear. These are such a perfect AW update for my wardrobe, wearing them will totally jazz up a more bland outfit and make it on-trend in an instant. The jewellery and socks are investment buys, since I am on limited funding I find it is often better to update things you already own with new season accessories. Isn't that a sensible idea of mine.. 


 This is another thing that picked the day up.. When we got back home my mum announced she had a present for me, gave me a large brown envelope, and out of it emerged this gorgeous, country-chic jacket - new from H&M, but cheekily sourced from ebay! I'm going to be using this to add a bit of english heritage style to my wintery looks, and I'm thinking sleeves rolled up for a more casual-cool twist. I have tried it on and the fit is beautiful, plus it is a little more warm and robust than my black blazer, so winter, do your worst! Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment