Monday 5 December 2011

Do It For Dave.

Today's offering comes dedicated to a good cause - the memory of Dave Hart. He was a student at my college, not one I knew personally but some of my friends did know him, and recently took his own life. Since I was clearly not close to him, as family or a friend, I cannot imagine what his loved ones are going through.. there is no public news about why he did it.. But all of my respects go out to him, and my thoughts are with those who are missing him. And today, along with many others in college, I managed to show solidarity and support in one of the only ways I could.. Today, 5/12/11, was a day where as many as possible got suited and booted to Do It For Dave..

Blazer & Earrings - Topshop; Shirt & Skirt - H&M; Shoes & Tights - Primark; Ring - Parfois; Bracelet - Accessorize; Ribbon - random ribbon from a gift.
As you can see, I got fully suited up for today - finally, a way to use my wardrobe for a good cause (kind of), showing support by dressing up in memory of Dave. I went for a classic pencil skirt, white shirt and blazer combo for my smart look (this is technically my work skirt), and I had intended to leave it there.. but couldn't resist a bit of styling. Hence the pink ribbon in place of a tie, cute bow courts, gold jewellery and seam-backed tights - this may be for Dave, but I've got to inject a bit of Tara into it! 

Overall I was really impressed with the effort lots of people made, there were lots of smartly suited guys and dressed up girls to be seen around college today! It is brilliant that so many people acted in memory of Dave, proving he may be lost, but not forgotten.. And another way of showing your support, that you of the general public can also join in with, is to buy his charity single Home, which was written by him and a friend. We hope to get it into the charts as another memorial gesture, so buy, buy, buy! It's only a few pence, and would mean a lot to his friends and family. Love and kisses, Tara xox

6 comments:

  1. can we see the back view? i love seamed tights

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, I didn't take a back view! shame on me :| xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. get dressed again :P were they just regular straight seams?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha next time I wear them I will get a back view, keep your eyes peeled (: but yes, these ones were just classic straight seams xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. great outfit! It's always sad to hear someone has taken their own life. I sometimes wish that I wasn't even born but I do fear death... :(

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. thankyou (: it was a very sad event, really shook the college I think.. but glad we could pay our respects xox

    ReplyDelete