Saturday 3 December 2011

Fashion Confession

After the super-long Gaga-fest that was my post yesterday, I decided a nice, simple 'revelation' about me & my style was in order - just a quickie to prove I am still alive & kicking. And possibly interest you, if you like finding out random details of my life.

My fingers feel naked unless I wear a ring.

At least one. Or my hands literally feel wrong. I don't know what it is, but unless I'm sporting some finger candy I don't feel complete, the outfit is unfinished. Don't get me wrong, I don't wear them 24/7 - at home when I'm just laying around being a bit of a waste of space my fingers are bare and natural, and rings aren't allowed at work for health & safety reasons. But when I go out anywhere where I have thought out my outfit, or at least gotten dressed into something other than trackies (only chez moi, or at the gym) or my work uniform, I will throw on at least one ring before I feel 'done'. Even if I wear no other jewellery, I will feel dressed up enough as long as I have some gems on my fingers. I will even wear rings under gloves, just so that I know I'm wearing them!
And I'm not fussy over type. Stackable, outsize, delicate, silver, gold, kitsch, classic.. I'll wear them all. For a few years now I have had an obsession with cocktail rings, and I love the way a bold, sparkling jewel on your hand can create a statement all by itself - but over the last year or so I have loved stackable rings, because you can create a new combination every time, and nobody will have the same as you. Right now, however, I'm open to anything. Well, I say 'open', I mean drawn. Rings are my favourite jewellery item, and a gorgeous ring will have an effect on me far superior to that of any mere necklace.. In shops I am pulled in towards the rings, constantly reminding myself to stay away, and constantly wondering whether there is any excuse to buy yet another.

Currently, I am lusting after pretty much all of these on Temporary Secretary, but Topshop is one of my favourite ring-buying haunts too. I can't exactly decide what kind of ring to go for next though - super-elegant, kitsch & cute, statement, subtle, cocktail... Bah. Right now I love stacking my rings up in a bit of a mish-mash - just with bare wrists so it's not ovekill - and therefore reserve the right to get lots more rings. Maybe as a Christmas treat... Love and kisses, Tara xox

No comments:

Post a Comment