Friday 23 December 2011

When Christmas gets strained.

*DISCLAIMER* This post contains unimportant details about my life, a lot of crazy Christmas-talk and general ramblings.

Okay, I will do my best to keep this short and sweet, like a good 'look du jour' post should be, but knowing my tendencies to just keep typing.. Well, you could be in for another long one. Kudos if you read it through. Anyway, so since it is the Christmas holidays I had been planning to spend the majority of it holed up in my cosy house, but I got persuaded out today.. To do the final Christmas food shop. I'll admit now that my effort on the fashion front was low, but judge for yourselves.

Cardigan, Top & Shoes - New Look; Skirt - Internacionale; Tights - Primark; Belt - H&M; Bag - H! by Henry Holland; Rings - Accessorize & Rock N Rose.
Since the majority of my time out of the house was to be spent either cruising through the rain/traffic in my little bubble car or trailing around the supermarket gathering festive veg & chocolate, I didn't feel the need to try too hard, and once again relied upon my separates to see me through. After yesterday's Audrey Hepburn obsession, you may have been expecting something a little more pared back, retro and simplistic - but without serious consideration, my wardrobe doesn't do simplistic. It basically just vomits pattern at me until I give in and throw on the eclectic mix.. The one Audrey tip I did play with was the belt, cinching in my waist, and I really think it helped give this ensemble shape, and stop the cardigan drowning little old me..

Now comes the irrepressible rant.. Why did we go food shopping in a busy Sainsbury's TWO DAYS before Christmas? It was madness. Sheer madness. There were so many people with ginormous trolleys that maneuvering ours up the aisles actually felt more stressful than the traffic-packed drive in. And it really did feel like a bit of a free-for-all, especially near the vegetables. Also, they were out of parsnips. Disgraceful. Now we will have to dig our own up out of the garden. (Yes, we live in the middle of nowhere and grow veg. But we are not farmers.) We also now have so much food that I think I may well eat close to my own body weight in Christmas fare, from the actual dinner to mince pies, biscuits, chocolates & random nibbles.. So forgive me if I don't show my face on camera for a few days after Christmas - I will be working off those holiday pounds that I am sure to pile on. But in the face of all this, you know we can all smile and let anything go because... it's Christmas. Love and kisses, Tara xox

1 comment:

  1. Awh thankyou (: I will check out your blog too, I love discovering new ones! Always glad to have new followers though (: xox

    ReplyDelete