Thursday 26 January 2012

Did someone say print clash?

It's another college day, therefore another outfit has been created. I was feeling a little bit playful, a little bit bright, and a little bit like I wanted to burst into spring. It's no secret that I am literally dying to be wearing the SS'12 trends, regardless of trivial things like the weather, and one of the biggest trends is print. And we're not talking demure here - one print outfits just don't cut the mustard anymore..

Top & Shoes - New Look; Cardigan, Skirt & Tights - Primark; Bracelet - Temporary Secretary; Ring - Topshop.
As you can probably see, I'm a bit of a fan of the print clash, and I picked some quirky ones today - a red and white poppy print that screams SS'12, and a boat print skirt which I have had forever. I have read in so many magazines that if the print clash feels almost wrong it is probably right this season, and I feel like this is the case here. I'm also wearing a very affordable outfit. I don't discriminate between labels, because for me it is all about the piece, whether it comes from Primark, Topshop or Atelier Versace. Honestly, if it doesn't suit me or fit me, it can cost hundreds of pounds and still look terrible, but something can look incredible for a fiver. And that is why I feel no shame about openly shopping in stores with a lower price range.. I find things that work for me & still look very du jour, and often you wouldn't even be able to tell. That said, my aspirations to own Chanel, Louboutins & Katrantzou hold firm - but for the actual pieces, rather than just the big-name label. Love and kisses, Tara xox

4 comments:

  1. plain tights again! tut http://www.stockingshq.com/ get your bank card out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your skirt, dear! The print is awesome!
    Check out my new post! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. print clash doesn't exist! prints somehow always go together:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous there are occasions when plain tights work ;)

    @Sandra Leiva Thankyou! I am loving all your posts (:

    @Cylia I am tempted to agree with you there.. especially now it seems like more is more.

    xox

    ReplyDelete