Thursday 19 January 2012

Practically minimalist for me..

If you know me at all well, you will know that pared-back minimalism just isn't my thing & that I would rather get stared at than wear something boring that makes me feel uncomfortable. So imagine my shock when I woke up this morning and wanted to wear something almost simple, without any bells or whistles (well, without many) and with a distinct lack of my favourite accessory - colour.

Blazer & Ring - ASOS; Shirt, Skirt & Earrings - H&M; Shoes - New Look; Tights - Primark; Necklace - Christmas present; Bracelet - Pandora.
I said without many bells & whistles, okay?! This is as low-key as I think it's going to get. But honestly, look at the components of this outfit and it really is simple.. Plain black blazer, crisp white shirt, plain black tights - the only statement, detailed piece is the sequin mini. I actually quite like how the staple separates really let the skirt shine (ouch. no pun intended.), and even though I have a more-is-more attitude, I quite liked the feeling of not wearing too much colour. It's true, black is perennially chic. And in my defence, it is winter so black is appropriate, although the sequins were just necessary to make January a little bit more fun.. I didn't quite resist the temptation to accessorize though, but I kept it fairly simple with some small touches of silver. Obviously, by tomorrow I am expecting to be back to my colourful, eclectic self, but it wouldn't surprise me if I went for some serious minimalism in the future. Love and kisses, Tara xox

3 comments:

  1. omg plain tights? sacrilage

    ReplyDelete
  2. That skirt is so gorgeous! I want, it'd be a great going out skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous I know, it's crazy!

    @Suddenly I See thankyou! I'd love to wear it out.. if and when I finally go out... My social life is being killed by college.

    xox

    ReplyDelete