Friday 10 February 2012

Working that Katrantzou.

Okay, this one's going to be a little rushed... It's approximately 9.38pm as I type this, and all I really want is a good sleep. That's thanks to the full college day (plus driving both ways) and the hectic old shift at work, which wasn't exactly the perfect end to this half term! But there is no way I'm going to let my blogging slide, and besides, I actually loved today's outfit.

Blazer & Ring - ASOS; Dress - Mary Katrantzou for Topshop; Tights & Boots - Primark; Socks - Dorothy Perkins; Earrings - Camden market; Bracelet - Pandora.
It seems fairly simple, no? Dress + tights + blazer + boots is like fashion 1,2,3 for the perfect daytime outfit - and in principle this is a very basic look. But as with all of my other 'simple' styling, the devil is in the detail, most of which comes from this gorgeous dress! It's from Mary Katrantzou's previous Topshop collection & I decided that even though it is party perfect, I simply could not hold on long enough before wearing it and so I added some pieces that give it a slightly tough, structured and even mismatched feel. The body-con style of this t-shirt dress (which really is unforgiving - no more cake for me!) is countered by the blazer and boots, which manage to make it casual enough for day. My favourite little style detail from today though is the way my almost chilli-orange-coral lipstick pops against the otherwise simple colour palette - it's a little unexpected and just raises the look from simple to stylish. I could rave on about how much I love Mary Katrantzou now, especially since I just realised that this time next week her Topshop collection will have dropped, but I'll suffice it to say that she is my current favourite designer, which is saying a lot when you consider just how gorgeous the latest D&G, Louis Vuitton & Mulberry collections are...

Love and kisses, Tara xox

6 comments:

  1. You look lovely! :)
    Cool blog! Maybe we could follow each other? :)
    Love, Tina xx
    http://tinasfemmefatale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your dress! Great outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing dress!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous dress and love the styling, definitely too pretty to save for evenings :) x

    ReplyDelete