Monday 19 March 2012

Tropicana.

Finally, finally, we saw some sunshine today in my corner of the country! And it was beautiful. Even if it made driving a little more difficult due to visual impairment, I loved being able to sit outside at lunch & being able to see a blue sky for once. And just this once, my spring style was matched by the weather - and that made the look even better.





Blazer & bracelet - Topshop; Blouse - Lefties; Skirt - ASOS; Shoes - Dorothy Perkins; Ring - Primark; Necklace & Earrings - Accessorize.

Nobody can ignore the tropical prints that are absolutely everywhere right now, in either sense of the word. Anyone with half a fashionable bone in their body is snapping up tropical-print pieces left right and centre, ready to make a statement this season. I absolutely love playing with print, so naturally I had to get in on the act. This look takes a tropical print and gives it a classic, dressy twist with the pencil skirt shape, sorbet blouse and chic blazer, along with the necessary high heels. I love the bright print because it is really bold and fun, and I am so glad that the universe conspired so that the sun shone down to emphasise the tropical feel.

Love and kisses, Tara xox

8 comments:

  1. gorgeous look! love the bright colors :) the tropical feel is great for today,
    it's absolutely beautiful outside, at least where I live!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I'm new on the net..take a look if you want! Maybe we could follow each other =)

    Xx Elisa

    http://degenerationmode.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this trend!
    xx
    stylesplice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a gorgeous day here too!
    I like tropical plants, they are easy to take care of.
    My love, i like the dress! Looking fab ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look ! Perfect colours ! We're waiting for more bigger photos ! Kiss x



    http://mfashionmyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This outfit is so gorgeous for Summer! The worst thing about living in Australia is that we have Winter fashion coming in as the rest of the world is getting gorgeous tropical prints! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. that outfit is lush! I adore that skirt with the blouse!! :)

    ReplyDelete