Friday 18 May 2012

The brightest crayon in the box.

Oh so many things could be said about today.. I am currently resisting the urge to serenade you with Friday-related songs, so I will settle instead for some ramblings about colour. I love colour, and can rarely put together an outfit without a pop of colour in there somewhere, because I just don't feel like me without it. The title of this post came from that old saying to indicate someone is a little slow - "you're not the brightest crayon in the box" - but I decided that today I was the brightest, given my colour-clash outfit!


Blouse - Lefties; Jeans - Primark; Flatforms - ASOS; Earrings, Cross Bracelet & Ring - Topshop; Necklace - Accessorize; Cuff - H&M.

Everything about today's look was bright and beautiful. Coloured denim is a much more summery way to wear your jeans, and I adore this cobalt blue pair that have been in my wardrobe for years - they make a statement, yet are really flattering and easy to wear. For a bit of a colour clash I paired them with my sorbet-pink blouse (definitely crayon-box colours here!) and I think it works because there is no pattern or shape, the colour contrast does all the talking. Of course, my outfits are rarely complete without a print, so I broke out my rather controversial flatforms again since it was going to be a dry day. I have received mixed reviews on these particular shoes, but I personally love them and intend to wear them to death when summer hits! 

Love and kisses, Tara xox

10 comments:

  1. I adore that blouse.
    And those shoes? Wow. I could never wea them but they look lush on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely bright! Love your top and pants, and shoes! Needless to say I think you look fantastic! I so want your shoes!

    -Che

    style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant look! Love the way your blog is set up so pretty! Can't wait to see more.

    Best,

    Tes

    http://tes-am.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoaa those "flatforms" are awesome! What a funny name, i havent' heard that haha! I love being the brightest color in the box :) mixing colors is sooo fun, and you did it just right!

    xo Rachel

    www.glamhampton.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful outfit :). I also really like your haircut :D

    http://www.101fashionstreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome shoes :D

    xx

    Have a nice weekend :)

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pants! Love the shoes too

    xoxo Sootjeelina <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit, love your blouse and the floral shoes. You look cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    nice outfit!!
    I love it!!!

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete