Friday 20 July 2012

Someone call Shopaholic's Anonymous.

Last weekend I went shopping - a dangerous, foolish activity for me I know, but it was necessary. My summer holiday is coming up and I needed to supplement my hot weather wardrobe with mix-and-match-able pieces that will mean I can keep creating new outfits while I am away, while remaining appropriate for both tropical heat and more conservative cultures. For the shopping trip I eschewed sensibility and ignored the wind/threatening clouds to wear this..


Shirt - New Look; Shorts & Tights - Primark; Creepers - Amazon; Clutch - Cos (secondhand in Paris); Cuff - H&M; Earrings, Ring & Bracelets - Topshop.

I love a good pair of high waisted shorts because they are just so flattering, and this pastel stripe pair is really cute. I paired them wiith a sheer white shirt tucked in to emphasize the waistline, and buttoned all the way up in that girl-meets-boy way that looks very cute. I then threw my creepers into the mix because they are gorgeous and a little bit edgy, as is the new clutch. Lashings of jewellery and a bright lip completed the ensemble.

Primark


It's fair to say I got over-excited in Primark - what a haul. The cross tee and ballet pumps aren't even for my trip! 

New Look


The sales in New Look were bursting with gorgeous prints and colours - I just couldn't resist! And that parka is the perfect lightweight cover up, an alternative to my beloved blazers.

River Island


I have had my eye on these pieces for a while, but never quite had the cash to buy them. When they appeared in the sale however, I snapped them right up. I adore the paisley print on the dress and the mermaid-esque shell pattern on the skirt.

Topshop



 This neon dress is completely stunning, bright and beautiful, and will look gorgeous with a holiday tan.



Hair Bow - River Island; Black Rose Headband - Topshop; Ring & Gold Headband - Primark.

On holiday my hair will have to be up most of the time, so I invested in some cute accessories to keep it fresh!

Love and kisses, Tara xox

12 comments:

  1. I love that black top!! going to find it tomorrow :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. got some cute stuff!

    xo Camilla

    Into The Fold

    check out the giveaway on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top you're wearing and your new finds are great. That tomato dress is so so fun!
    Ava Tallulah
    Enter My UO Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that skirt Tara! These are some great pieces you purchased and I can't wait to see you style that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some cute things! I love the floral New Look dress! I really like your blog! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits and more :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely pieces. I absolutely love the coral dress from TOPSHOP :)

    - Victoria
    www.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! Love your taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such awesome finds! and the way you described your justification to shopping was incredible! you should be a lawyer hahah

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that top with the studded crosses is so cute! I totally wish we had a Primark down under haha.

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the top you're wearing! And I love that pink Topshop dress

    xoxo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have those black and white primark pumps, I took them to prague with me, they're super comfy! You'll feel like you're walking on air in Indonesia! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty!

    PS. We’ve a $100 Giveaway to Skinny Bitch Apparel on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    ReplyDelete